Monday, October 29, 2012

Tools That Change the Way We Think

Well as Dr.Preston pointed out the other day, I am very reliant on Google Chrome to save me from looking and sounding illiterate. I rely on Goggle Chrome to catch my mistakes in typing automatically whenever I am on the internet. But of course when I find myself on another computer that doesn't have Google Chrome I often forget that it has no red squiggly lines to save me. Or even worse I have to remind myself to press the spell-check button to see if there are any miss-spelled words. Not only have I got accustomed to this on the computer but on my phone also! I have an I-Phone and not only does it tell me when I spell something wrong in a search, but on my text messages also! I know it is sad that I am use to it and rely on it in every day life, it is sad how this is the path society is going down. Now Google hasn't just turned me like this, I was a horrible speller myself before. More then half the things I do on my phone or internet is related to Google  is that a bad or good thing I'm not sure... I know the CEO's at Google are happy with it, but the rest of society I am not to sure about.

No comments:

Post a Comment