Tuesday, October 30, 2012

That sad moment.....

It is 12 weeks into school now and I have now realized that not only do I feel that my blog is another media that I am connected to and feel good about when people compliment me. "Blogcomm 4 Blogcomm" (courtesy of Kathryn Green) instead of "PC for PC" which I believe is bettering out society; feeling confident because other people are seeing your success in school and English rather then people telling you that you are beautiful. (which isn't bad) We are changing the path of how we use the internet and our resources for good! But the down fall of it? I feel that our blogs can now be an evil media sight when it comes to getting things done. I am constantly checking DP's blog and have an icon on my phone and scroll an refresh the page like it is Facebook or Instagram. I'm not sure if this is showing my nerdiness or that I am easily addicted to social media sights... I hope DP is proud of himself that his sight is now my new social media "addiction" 
so to leave on this note... Blogcomm 4 Blogcomm?

2 comments:

  1. I think this speaks to how important it is for all of us to remember that we can prioritize/manage our use of these tools-- and unplug when we need to. I'm all for building the blogs into your dashboards and working habits, but I'd hate to think they're just another space for you to linger while your goals await accomplishing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point of me writing this was to really show that even though it a media sight to me now, means I am interested in the meat of it all and look forward to seeing what is new. I think of it as a good thing! I think of it as media is now a learning experience, not just "Hey I didn't know she has a girl friend" to now "hey, I didn't know that this person felt this way while reading a book." or "Hey that is a great way to study, I am going to take that technique." This is all a good thing in my mind. preparing for the future of what our society should be.

      Delete