Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hamlet Remix


“Soft you now, The fair Ophelia? Nymph, in thy Orisons Be all my sins remembered.” Ending the infamous  “To be or not to be” This of course coming from Act 3 Scene 1 when Hamlet is debating killing himself, I keep coming back to the end of the soliloquy where he turns and starts talking about Ophelia. He is obviously infatuated with her if not in love.   Meanwhile Polonius is trying to prove that Hamlet is mad when really it may be that he is just in love with his daughter and doesn’t want to hear it. This makes me think of every dad and daughter situation. That the daughter wants to date a reasonably nice and good boy but the father sees no good in him and thinks he is a horrible person.
 


Unapproving Asain Father Meme- Seemed fitting

 This is a shirt that Polonius would wear if it was modern day

10 comments:

  1. Haha too funny and so true. nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Parents want nothing but the best person for their offspring. Polonius is a royal official so he is even more pretentious and dogged about who his daughter dates. Like the meme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Very creative with the Memes. Adds humor to your interpretation. I enjoyed reading it and it was a very good connection with the father and daughter situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile sooo much. It reminds me of the way my dad is with me dating. Nice images!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me Alex! My dad is super protective... but just when it comes to boys! haha

      Delete
    2. Haha I guess it is a dad thing. It gets annoying but I have to remind myself that he does it because he cares and I respect him and love him for that.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha I like your Asian meme! And I also agree that parents are very protecting when it comes to dating, but they just want what is best for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your pictures! Especially the Asian one! Funny. Nice remix as well, it was well presented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this.. It fits so well with todays society!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAH SO FUNNY! Really a fitting picture with the characterization of Polonius and a great pun!

    ReplyDelete