Monday, October 29, 2012

"Who Was Shakespeare?"


Do a quick search (remember to document search engine, terms, URLs and links followed) and see if you can piece together who Shakespeare was. What do we know about him, and what are we left to wonder? Write about how Shakespeare is perceived by students-- the name alone inspires strong feelings-- and how you have progressed in your understanding of his work over the years. What do you "get" now that you didn't before? What still causes you to struggle?


http://whowasshakespeare.com/

I searched “who was Shakespeare” and after wikipedia this was the second result I got. What I found interesting about this site was that it had more back round of him and more about myths of who he may have been rather then what we know is true of him. This goes along with the article we just read about him being a fraud. Well obviously that not being true I feel that this is all researched things on this site but not where we need to end our search (not to say this is Wikipedia) I am just saying it comes up with more questions then it solves. Like did Shakespeare really only sign his name on something once? I think not, but I do understand it was a very long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment